Our customers’ and employees' health and wellbeing is our highest priority. Rest assured that we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure our customers and employees are safe. Our service is essential in preserving the health of our customers and protecting property. As such, we have the following protocols in place to help ensure everyone’s safety:
- Conduct customer screening prior to inside service needs.
- Ensuring employees wear the appropriate PPE when inside of a customer’s home.
As the seriousness of this virus is still of concern, all of our employees have been instructed to follow the CDC’s best practices, including frequent handwashing, wearing proper PPE including masks and/or face coverings, limiting proximity to sick individuals, and being aware of symptoms. We have established protocols and quarantines for any employees who are diagnosed with COVID-19. We encourage you to do the same, so please review the most up-to-date information here.
Finally, our hearts go out to all those affected by Coronavirus. Please check back for regular updates from us as we navigate this situation, and thank you for being a part of our Terminix Triad family.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe for you to be servicing my home?
- We continue to monitor and follow the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the safety of our customers and all our employees as it pertains to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Additionally, we continue to follow policies and procedures put in place across our business to address issues that may arise in the coming weeks. We plan to complete an exterior service at your home. This will include performing a comprehensive exterior inspection to identify possible pest entry points, performing a preventive perimeter treatment, eliminating accessible wasp nests, and removing spiders and cobwebs.
How do I know that you will not infect me with the virus?
- Our number-one priority is the protection of all our employees and our customers. We have implemented the following business policies and practices to increase the health and wellbeing of us all. We avoid intra-office travel and perform remote training via iPad. We provide health and hygiene best practice information to all employees. and we have instituted our personal protective equipment policy. We utilize social distancing measures and have instructed all employees to stay home if they are sick.
Why are you here if everyone is supposed to be exercising “social distancing”?
- North Carolina has designated and confirmed that pest control is an essential service, and we can and should continue to protect the public health of our customers and their property. We plan to provide an exterior service of your home, which reduces person to person interaction and helps us maintain social distancing procedures.
Why do I need the service?
- Since many people are exercising “social distancing,” they are spending more time at home, and providing pest protection is essential for the protection of your family’s health and safety. Throughout the year, many different insects and pests emerge, and it is important to maintain control of these pests.
- Mosquitoes - transmit diseases like West Nile Virus, Encephalitis, among others, and are a severe irritant to many people when trying to enjoy their outdoor living spaces. Our mosquito service provides effective management of mosquitoes around residential and commercial properties.
- Stinging and Biting Pests - cause painful and oftentimes allergic reactions. Wasps like yellow jackets, paper wasps, bald-faced hornets, and others can be kept at bay by regular inspection, treatment, and removal of nests.
- German Cockroaches - drop egg cases that can contain up to 40 eggs, which mature in about two months. Because they reproduce rapidly, infestations quickly become severe. These cockroaches can contaminate food and spread salmonella on food contact surfaces. The presence of German cockroach allergens and droppings can aggravate and even cause asthma.
- Ants – like the Odorous House Ants are unsightly and can transfer pathogens over areas where they crawl. Their activity is usually noted at the sink & the dishwasher, but their nests originate from outside. Carpenter Ants chew galleries into wood. They don’t eat the wood, but they damage it by hollowing it out to build their nests. Fire Ants have a painful sting & are found in our southern areas.
- Mice - can contaminate about 10 times the amount of food they eat, and feed 15 to 20 times per day. They can squeeze through an opening as small as 1/4-inch wide. Mice carry many serious disease pathogens. Most mice species are known for their ability to reproduce very quickly. A single female can produce up to eight litters per year, with an average of six pups per litter.
What type of service are you going to do?
- Our service will focus on the exterior of your home. This will include performing a comprehensive exterior inspection to identify possible pest entry points, performing a preventive perimeter treatment, eliminating accessible wasp nests, and removing spiders and cobwebs. If you have an active infestation inside that requires immediate assistance, we will make every effort to accommodate this service while maintaining the safety precautions that have been implemented.